By Inger Furseth,Pål Repstad
Read or Download An Introduction to the Sociology of Religion: Classical and Contemporary Perspectives PDF
Best religious studies books
Like detectives sleuthing out the best secret of all, scientists over the centuries have exposed clues in regards to the constitution and origins of the universe. The paintings of Galileo, Newton, Einstein, and a number of alternative tenacious researchers and thinkers unearths a cosmos of virtually incredible ask yourself and sweetness.
“Jesus and the Gospels” is among the most well liked faith classes at faculties, and it's required at many seminaries and divinity faculties. This textbook, written by way of an award-winning educator, is designed for a semester-long path in either those settings. furthermore, it may be used as a supplementary textual content in classes on christology, the old Jesus, New testomony literature, and the Bible.
Many points of faith are complicated nowadays. This 2003 booklet appears to be like at methods of enhancing our knowing of non secular switch by means of strengthening the hyperlinks among social idea and the social medical learn of faith. It clarifies the social techniques interested in developing faith and non-religion in private and non-private lifestyles.
Innerworldly Individualism appears to colonial background, specifically, seventeenth-century New England, to appreciate the resources of recent state development. Seligman analyzes how cultural assumptions of collective identification and social authority emerged out of the spiritual ideals of the 1st iteration of settlers in New England.
- End of Days: An Encyclopedia of the Apocalypse in World Religions
- The Business of the Roman Inquisition in the Early Modern Era (Routledge Research in Early Modern History)
- Religion nach 09/11: Erleben wir seit dem 11. September 2001 eine Rückkehr der Religion oder lediglich ihre mediale Thematisierung? (German Edition)
- The Sacred and Modernity in Urban Spain: Beyond the Secular City (Hispanic Urban Studies)
- The Interdict in the Thirteenth Century: A Question of Collective Guilt
- Women's Rites, Women's Mysteries: Intuitive Ritual Creation
Additional resources for An Introduction to the Sociology of Religion: Classical and Contemporary Perspectives
An Introduction to the Sociology of Religion: Classical and Contemporary Perspectives by Inger Furseth,Pål Repstad